Monday 2 April 2012

Happiness

Happiness is precious and it doesn't always have to be related to money. I thought I'd share with you ten things that make me ridiculously happy and content; not in any particular order. By sharing this with you it makes me realise just how much 'the things that make us happy' define who we essentially are and how we view the world. I look forward to you sharing some of the things that make you happy.
  • An afternoon of productive writing with a coffee by my side and fabulous music in my ears.
  • Pottering in the garden, looking at the flowers, talking to the rabbits whilst drinking tea.
  • Rock-pooling with the hubby and daughter at a beautiful beach.
  • Cooking.
  • Going out for lazy brunch with family.
  • Teaching: especially students who are as fascinated and amazed by the idea of thought as I am.
  • Waking up in the tent to a dewy morning and the promise of bacon sandwiches cooked on the gas stove and fresh coffee made from the whistling kettle.
  • My wellies - mainly because when I'm wearing them several of the above things are promised.
  • A tidy house full of flowers, plump cushions and space (although I personally hate tidying)


No comments:

Post a Comment