Monday 21 May 2012

Check in.


Sorry not to have checked in for a while. I am racing towards deadline on Book Three. It's so nearly there but my characters keep popping up and reminding me of ends that need to be tied up. I've also spent a little bit of time playing around with the website, my Amazon author page and our facebook #TeamBlake community page.

As you can see, I've been having great fun playing around with imagery to support the series. This isn't an 'official' image but a bit of fun for the fans. I'm thinking of doing a cast range of cheeky little pics but let's get book three done first. 

I've officially started my maternity leave; so I have a whole six weeks of playing at being a full time writer before slightly more demanding things take over. The thought of undisturbed days of writing is both delicious and terrifying and I'm not entirely sure that it is the most balanced way to spend all of your working week. There is an almost overwhelming pressure to feel that you have to do everything that you've been telling yourself for months you'd do if you had more time. 

As a result, my brain is literally all over the place. I've got short-stories, poems, website designs, novel plots literally all bouncing around in my head - it's as if they know they've got this window of opportunity and they are all going to scream for attention. 

No comments:

Post a Comment