Sunday 28 October 2012

NANOWRIMO

I'm about to embark on my very first NaNoWriMo. I am officially a participant. Here I have this to prove it.

I've even made the bold step of telling my friends on my personal Facebook page, so that's it ... I have to complete it or face total social humiliation. It' okay though, I'm feeling quite optimistic as I have my cover....



I have my premise...


Some love takes you to the edge of lunacy. It can be violent, destructive but necessary for the survival of the soul. This is the twisted kind of love that Ophelia and Malachi share. 
Seventeen year old Ophelia fears the loss of her own sanity more than anything - her mother's bi-polar has dogged most of her childhood and Ophelia's regular visits to the psychiatric ward to visit her mum, make her realise that madness is far from beautiful or romantic. 
Malachi's life is just as dark when he discovers that his stepfather (and once uncle) is guilty of committing the darkest of family crimes. 
With lives wrought with such complex and tragic issues, Opehlia and Malachi simply don't have anything left to give to one another, despite having fallen deeply in love. 
When Malachi makes a decision that forces him to run, Ophelia is left with a terrible choice.


... and I have my plot all mapped out on Scrivener. I'm confident I know where I'm going. I know that I can do it but I have one BIG obstacle in my way....




You see, the thing is, it normally takes me about a year to write a novel NOT a month!
But I'm going to do it - with your support I'll do it. I know that you're going to cheer me on and most importantly, shout at me when I'm doing wrong.

Here's my progress chart  (just so you can keep an eye on me). 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment