Wednesday 10 April 2013

The Next Big Thing Blog Hop

THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP

What is a blog hop? It’s a way for readers to discover new authors! On this stop on the blog hop, you'll find a bit of info about me and one of my books-in-progress, plus links to three other authors for you to discover.
Thanks to fellow author Clarissa Johal  for inviting me to participate in this event. You can click the following link to learn more about her work. Website: http://clarissajohal.com/
I've answered ten questions about my work-in-progress (giving you a sneak-peek). At the end, there are links to THREE other authors for you to discover who have answered the same questions.  Enjoy!

Please feel free to comment and share your thoughts and questions. Here is my Next Big Thing!

1: What is the working title of your book? 
The title of my book is 'Witchcraft' (Book One of The Meadowsweet Chronicles)

2: Where did the idea come from for the book?
The series is a total mash up of all the occult films and books I used to love reading as a teenager. There are major influences from films like 'The Wicca Man' and 'Rosemary's Baby' along with my teenage viewing of programs like 'Sabrina The Teenage Witch', 'Bedazzled' and 'Charmed'.

3. What genre does your book come under? 
Paranormal Fanatasy. Occult.

4: Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
That's so difficult, mainly because I am useless at remembering actors names.

5: What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 
Modern witch in the English countryside meets descendent of Salem witch hunter and finds him very annoying.

6: Is your book self-published, published by an independent publisher, or represented by an agency?
The series is published by my small indie press house, Little Bird Publishing House.

7: How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
It hasn't taken long at all, around three months; which is a big difference from the eighteen months it used to take me to write a novel.

8: What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I'm not too sure as I have purposely avoided reading 'similar' genre books as I don't want them to pollute my novels. At a guess, from what I've read about it, it's a little like 'Beautiful Creatures'.

9: Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I really wanted the challenge of writing a seven book series and I've always been completely obsessed by tales of witchcraft and English folklore.

10: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Jeremiah Chase. He's incredibly H.O.T. lol!



Who's next on the NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP?
So glad you asked!
Below you will find three authors who will be joining me by blog, next Wednesday April 17th. Mark it on your calendars and bookmark them! You will be one of the first to discover a new "Work in Progress!"
Happy reading!

[Author’s] blog:
[Author’s] blog:
[Author’s] blog:




No comments:

Post a Comment