Sunday 3 May 2015

All Standing in a Row....


So just updated the Facebook banner to include the new edition to the Katie M John library. Back in 2010 I could never have imagined finishing the Knight Trilogy, not alone completing a further two novels of a new series and a few little stand alones in between.

 It's a really moving thing to see the last five years work all laid out like a very pretty deck of cards. I can honestly say hand on heart, that I love each and every one of these books.

 It's very much like having ...your first child and wondering how on earth you could ever love another with the same sense of depth and awe - but you do. You love them each differently, but you love them each the same. Mina and Blake, Sam and Delta of 'The Knight Trilogy', Evangeline and Kaspian of 'Beautiful Freaks', and Fox, Will, Jeremiah and the Meadowsweet sisters of 'The Meadowsweet Chronicles' are my book babies. 

 I write the stories I wish to read; full of magic, love, loss, with a good dose of beauty, horror and suspense.


 I have yet to write a book with dragons - but there's time yet. It rather looks from my banner that this whole writing thing isn't just a phase.


No comments:

Post a Comment