Friday 21 October 2016

#FanGirlFriday: Water, Magic, and Monsters


#FanGirlFriday is the day I share with you the works of one of my favourite authors, which I think you'll also enjoy. Some weeks it will be sharing with you books of author friends I have genuinely enjoyed and other weeks it will be books, T.V or other people I admire and enjoy. 

This week I'm excited to introduce you to the fabulous KD Wood - she is one of the nicest, warm-hearted people that I have had the privilege to meet. We met at UTOPiA 2015 and we then went on to be table partners in 2016. 

I read 'Unwilling' in the summer of 2015 and absolutely LOVED it - finding myself captivated but this unusual YA contemporary myth/fantasy. As I read, I had total respect for the amount of research into folkology that had obviously gone into this piece, and the care and passion that had gone into the writing of it. 

Since then, KD Wood has gone on to release Book 2 in the series and it's on my Christmas holidays TBR list. 

If you re looking for something a little alternative from the usual YA fantasy focus, which is a page turner with a gut moving exciting climax - then give Unwilling a try. It's towards the Upper YA end as there are more adult themes of relationships and so makes for a great cross over story. 

UNWILLING: 
Neely McIntire’s dreams warn her about the future but will not protect her from the danger hiding in plain sight. On graduation night, she plans to tell her best friend, Hayden Nelson, that she's in love with him. Instead, they argue. Neely's hurt feelings leave her vulnerable, giving her secret admirer, Andrew Huckley, the opportunity to put his mother’s monstrous plan into motion. When Neely gives into her broken heart and pushes him away, Hayden knows he must fight to recapture the spark he felt in their last kiss. But will he find her in time to reverse the damage or will she be changed forever?

Visit K.D Wood's Amazon Page here...

No comments:

Post a Comment