Sunday 7 August 2011

Short & Sweet Holiday Book Review #2


GAME OF THRONES (A Song of Ice & Fire #1)

RR. Martin


Where to start. Epic book deserves an epic review but there is just too much to say. Absorbing. Unputdownable. Enchanting. Captivating.

I'm not a traditional Epic Fantasy Fan but I LOVED this. It is much more focused on the political rather than the fantastical and this is what makes this book truly magical: Everything about it reads like a TRUE history of a real place.

I haven't seen the screen adaptation of this yet as I wanted to read the book first and I am so pleased that I did it this way around.

A definite must read. It's totally compulsive. I can't read the others now. (Oh, and watch the series!)

5/5

2 comments:

  1. I really want to read this series. Ever since I saw Jason Momoa in a clip from the show I said you had better watch that lol the book is a must read for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was a little cynical and overawed by the size of it LOL. Last time I read such a chunky tome it was Chaucer - however, really great. Complete mixture of voices etc. I can't wait to read the next one.

    ReplyDelete