Friday 21 October 2011

Kristy Berridge: Author Spotlight and Interview.

This weekend it is my great pleasure to introduce you to Kristy Berridge; a wonderfully talented writer of YA Paranormal fiction. I bumped into Kristy on Twitter and took a nosey around her website - I was really impressed and immediately invited her to do a spotlight interview on my blog. I think you are going to think she is as wonderful as I do.

Official Bio: (Taken from website) Born in Perth, Western Australia in 1982, Kristy Berridge was ushered into the world in a decade of bad hair, parachute pants, and blue eye shadow. Fortunately, she managed to avoid all three influences by immersing herself in the business of growing up, and hitched a ride with her fun-loving, and adventure-filled parents to the sunny state of Queensland. Here she completed most of her education.

Besides learning that boys don't have cooties, and that algebra wouldn't kill her, she pointedly set the path of her high school career towards success in Art and English-based subjects, and won numerous awards for her efforts.

After high school she went on to study Graphic Design and Illustration at James Cook University, and then furthered her studies at the local TAFE college with an Interior Design course. With this knowledge under her belt, she also decided to undertake a three year Design course at Rhodec International in London, to complete her education and propel her towards the successful career she now enjoys.

She currently resides in Cairns with her husband Navaro, who is her biggest support and a constant source of motivation to finish the next novel...

When did you start writing and why?
I started writing a little over four years ago. I don't include scribbling short stories at school or late night chat sessions on the internet when I was fifteen. I started writing because I had a story to tell. I'd read and watched so much supernatural fiction throughout my life that I simply believed there was room for one more.

Which writers influence you the most?
I can't choose a favourite, I find something special in every book I read. It could be a character, the plot, the language, the emotional connection - varied reasons that inspire me all of the time in smallish ways.

What was your favourite book as a child?
I loved the R.L Stine Goosebumps books and the choose your own adventure books.

What is your favourite book of all time?
That's virtually impossible to answer. I go through phases, but recently I have read Stacia Kane's The Downside Ghosts series and could not put it down.

Where do you write? Do you have any funny rituals?
I sit at my laptop in our study by the window. I'm often distracted by social networking and the view outside, but it's all part of the process. My only ritual is making sure I back up everything I do as soon as I'm finished. I think I'd cry if I lost a days worth of writing.

Tell us in 6 words what your book is about?
Vampires, Werewolves, Magic, Self-discovery, Determination, Love

Describe your lead characters in a sentence each.
Elena is bold and defiant, but determined to achieve goals, conquer self doubt and annihilate her enemies.
William is Stubborn, charasmatic, vague and a romantic heart, but considerably disolutioned when it cames to Elena's affections.

Are you a plotter or a freestyler?
Definite freestyler. It means I do more editing, but I can't work with a structed idea in my head, I just like to let it come to me.

What is your favourite writing music?
I don't really like to listen to music when I write, I find it distracting, but if I do, it has to be fast paced.

What is your WIP? (Work in progress)
I am currently writing my fifth book in The Hunted Series, but the second and third book are due for release hopefully early next year.


SYNOPSIS: The Hunted.

Elena Manory is by no means an ordinary teenage girl. Being born with the ability to heal herself from any injury, and with the knowledge that on her eighteenth birthday
she will become a Vampire, Elena is aware that she is more than a little different from other girls her Age.

It isn't until she meets William Granville, an alluring and impossibly handsome vampire, that she begins to question her destiny and what secrets the Institute of Magical Intervention and her adopted family have witheld-secrets that could change the fates of not only her own life, but of the lives of all the immortals.

As events spiral out of control, William may be the only person Elena can place her trust in. He, and Elena's magical family, must fight to save her, joining forces to defeat a common, deadly foe. For William, it is his chance to save the girl that he has searched eternity to find.


Visit Kristy's website HERE

Buy a copy of 'The Hunted' HERE

Follow on Twitter HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment