Thursday 3 January 2013

The promise of a New Year.

It's that time of year again when everything is ripe with promise.  I love the start of the New Year; it's a real chance to reflect on the direction my life has taken and where I want it to go. I'm a great believer in building on experience and work, rather than scrapping and starting over. I've never been one of those throw it all away kind of girls. As a result, my New Year's resolutions are based on the foundations of last year's work.
So 2012, what did I accomplish?
It's not until I look back on it that I suddenly realise just how busy it actually was.

Main 2012 achievements;

Having Baby Betty (Trust me, this was an achievement)

Finishing and releasing Book Three of The Knight Trilogy. (Boy, it was hard to write the final lines and say goodbye to my five year old baby)

Completed writing Beautiful Freaks, releasing it in October (Came in a dream! - no, really, it did!)
    Writing three short stories accepted by various anthologies (you can see those if you scroll down the right hand side)
    Completed NaNoWriMo 2012; writing the novel, 'When Sorrows Come' in 30 days. (clearly no housework done that month)
     Developed the 'Dark Heart' Anthology alongside Little Bird Publishing House. (Fab stories, great writers. Put the shoe on the other foot and became editor. Learnt SO much!)
    There were many more minor victories in the great crusade but I won't bore you with the minutiae of web page development and book distribution policy lol. 


SO WHAT NOW? Resolutions for 2013
  • Rewrite and edit 'When Sorrows Come' with a view to release in late spring

  • Work with LBPH on launching 'Dark Heart'. An anthology of YA writers.

  • Write and release the first book of my new series, "The Pentacle Chronicles" (Working title) A series set in a sleepy English village. 

  • Work with LBPH on launching 'Night Shade'. An anthology of horror and ghost writers. 

  • To complete NaNoWriMo 2013

  • To read more. 

  • To review more.

  • To support my fellow indie writers more.

  • To finally map out all my social networking platforms and make the links more efficient (yawn!)
So it looks that 2013 is going to be just as busy as 2012 then! 

Thank you to all my wonderful readers and fellow indies who have made 2012 as successful as it has been. Your support, kindness and encouragement are what have made all of this possible. Here's to a brilliant, creative, successful 2013. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, congratulations on the birth of your daughter, Betty, she is such a cutie. I also had a baby daughter in August. Also congratulations on all of your other achievements as well. Beautiful Freaks was awesome and I cannot wait for your new series to be released this year. :)

    Katie ~ Turner’s Antics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katie. It's friends and supporters like you that make it all possible. So glad that you enjoyed Beautiful Freaks. Personally, it's my favourite book. It's being a little slow off the mark but those that have read it, really seem to like it. Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. It's just such a special time when they're all pink and squiggly - it's all over far too soon. I hope that she is sleeping well for you and being a good girl.
      All the best for a wonderful 2013. Keep in touch x

      Delete